The Ladies Fair is a showcase of our local talent in baking, canned goods, candy, handicrafts, embroidery, sewing, knitting, crochet, and photography. Everyone–men, women, and children–are invited to browse the various categories and classes on the Premium Sheet and submit their entries for display and judging. In addition to 18 categories and 135 classes, Special Awards are sponsored by businesses offering almost $500 in prize money, as well as an engraved crystal vase presented to the talented individual who wins the most ribbons in all classes.
Harley Davis Memorial
An engraved crystal vase to the person winning the most ribbons in all classes. All ribbons count equally.
Big Rock Lions Club
$25 to the man winning the most blue ribbons in all classes.
Big Rock Plowing Match Association
$100 First, $50 Second, to winners in Section V, Quilts: Special Quilt mini quilt. Theme: Big Rock Plowing Match. Quilts will be sold at auction.
$25 to the person winning the most blue ribbons in Section I, Quilts.
The La Kone Co.
$25 to the person winning the most blue ribbons in Section I, Categories B, C & D: Cakes-all types. $25 to the person winning the most blue ribbons in Section I, Categories E, F & G: Breads, Bars & Pies.
$25 to the person winning the most blue ribbons in Section II, Cookies & Candy.
Gladys Butcher Memorial
$25 to the person winning the most blue ribbons in Section III, Canned Goods.
Harry Schoger & Sons, Inc.– Big Rock
$25 to the person winning the most blue ribbons in Section IV, Flowers.
Dairy Joy – Hinckley
$25 to the person winning the most blue ribbons in Section V, Category A: Handicraft.
Executive Affiliates, Inc.–Big Rock
$25 to the person winning the most blue ribbons in Section V, Category B & C: Embroidery & Sewing. $25 to the person winning the most blue ribbons in Section V, Category D & E: Hand Knitting and Crochet
$25 to the person winning the most blue ribbons in Section VI, Photography.
So, take a good look at the Premium Sheet, gather up recipes for your favorite categories, finish up those handicraft projects and let your talents shine through with armloads of entries. Bring your entries to the Ladies Fair building before 7 pm on Friday.
Suggestions for shortening your check-in time on Friday.
• Avoid the last minute rush – arrive early – entries are accepted between 2 and 7 pm
• Arrange your entries in the same order as listed on your 3″x 5″ entry card – include name, address, and all entries listed per sample on premium sheet
• Use tape or safety pins to securely affix label on each article/item – 1″ x 2″ label on each article/item with Section, Category, and Class
• Remember, your name must not appear on the item
• Bring return address or computer labels–one per item–to be used on entry tags
• If you have 20 or more items to enter, please contact Denise at (630) 556-4771 by September 12 regarding the opportunity to pre-register.
• Judging takes place on Friday evening with first and second place winners receiving award ribbons and prize money. All entries are on display Saturday morning.
The Bandstand is the place to be on Saturday afternoon. More than 50 different classes of prize-winning baked goods will be auctioned to the highest bidder starting with Junior Fair items at 1 pm, followed by the Ladies Fair items at 1:30 pm. These blue- and red-ribbon winners are the best of the best—who will be taking home these mouthwatering delicious treats?
All you need is a bidder’s number available that day or you can reserve one by contacting A. Denise Farrugia at (630) 556-4771. All proceeds benefit the Big Rock Plowing Match Association.
Premium Lists are available here and are also emailed to previous entrants.
We are always on the lookout for new talent, new sponsors or new buyers at our auction.
Questions? Contact any Committee member:
Karen Yoder at 630-556-3620
Cheryl Lee at (630) 988-2522
A. Denise Farrugia at (630) 556-4771