- Details and Schedule
- Other Events
- Photo Gallery
- Supporting the Plowing Match
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Contact Us
- Tuff Hedeman Breakout Series 2021—SOLD OUT
- Bronc Riding Comes to Big Rock
The Ladies Fair is a showcase of our local talent in baking, canned goods, candy, handicrafts, embroidery, wool felting, sewing, knitting, crochet, and photography. Everyone–men, women, and children–are invited to browse the various categories and classes on the Premium Sheet and submit their entries for display and judging. In addition to 21 categories and 144 classes, 13 Special Awards are sponsored by businesses offering over $400 in prize money, as well as an engraved crystal vase presented to the talented individual who wins the most ribbons in all classes.
An engraved crystal vase to the person winning the most ribbons in all classes. All ribbons count equally.
$25 to the man winning the most blue ribbons (minimum of 5) across all classes.
$25 to the person winning the most blue ribbons in Section I, Categories A, B, C & G: Cakes-all types and Gluten-Free
$25 to the person winning the most blue ribbons in Section I, Categories D, E, F & H: Breads & Crisps, Bars, Pies and Muffins.
$25 to the person winning the most blue ribbons in Section II, Cookies & Candy.
$25 to the person winning the most blue ribbons in Section III, Canned Goods.
$25 to the person winning the most blue ribbons in Section IV, Flowers.
$25 to the person winning the most blue ribbons in Section V, Category A: Handicraft.
• $25 to the person winning the most blue ribbons in Section V, Category B, F & G: Embroidery, Felted Wool & Sewing.
• $25 to the person winning the most blue ribbons in Section V, Category C & D: Crocheting and Hand Knitting
• $25 to the person winning the most blue ribbons in Section V, Category E: Quilts.
• $100 First, $50 Second, to winners in Section V, Quilts: Special Quilt mini quilt. Theme: Ladies Fair. Quilts will be sold at auction.
$25 to the person winning the most blue ribbons in Section VI, Photography.
Take a good look at the Premium List, gather up recipes for your favorite categories, finish up those handicraft projects and let your talents shine through with armloads of entries. The special coloring sheet and handicraft offer a different drawing and craft each year. Review entry requirements and judging criteria on the Premium List. Bring your entries to the Ladies Fair building before 7 pm on Friday.
New: Entry labels, with complete information for each Section, Category and Class, to place on each item you are entering in the Ladies Fair are available for download. Entrants have a choice of printing on paper to cut and attach with pins or tape to item, or to print on adhesive labels (Avery #560 or equivalent).
Suggestions for shortening your check-in time on Friday.
• Avoid the last minute rush – arrive early – entries are accepted between 2 and 7 pm
• Arrange your entries in the same order as listed on your completed entry form
• Use tape or safety pins to securely affix label on each article/item – 1″ x 2″ label on each article/item with Section, Category and Class
• Remember, your name must not appear on the item
• Bring return address or computer labels–one per item–to be used on entry tags
• If you have 12 or more items to enter, please contact Denise at (630) 556-4771 by the Sunday before the Fair regarding the opportunity to pre-register. See Premium List.
• Judging takes place on Friday evening with first and second place winners receiving award ribbons and prize money. All entries are on display Saturday morning prior to the auction.
The Bandstand is the place to be on Saturday afternoon. More than 75 different classes of prize-winning baked goods will be auctioned to the highest bidder starting with Junior Fair items at 1 pm, followed by the Ladies Fair items at 1:30 pm. These blue- and red-ribbon winners are the best of the best—who will be taking home these mouthwatering delicious treats?
The Ladies Fair special quilt will feature quilters’ interpretation of the designated theme in a mini 24” quilt.
All you need is a bidder’s number available that day at the bandstand (12:30-1:00 pm) or you can reserve one by contacting A. Denise Farrugia at (630) 556-4771. All proceeds benefit the Big Rock Plowing Match Association.
Premium Lists and Entry Forms are available here and are also emailed to previous entrants.
We are always on the lookout for new talent, new sponsors or new buyers at our auction.
Questions? Contact any Committee member:
Karen Yoder at (630) 556-3620
Megan Williams (630) 930-4553
A. Denise Farrugia at (630) 556-4771