- Details and Schedule
- Other Events
- Photo Gallery
- Supporting the Plowing Match
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Contact Us
- Tuff Hedeman Break-Out Series
Download the 2019 Junior Fair Premium Sheet
The Junior Fair offers young people ages 3 to 14 the opportunity to showcase their creativity in several classes (typically grouped by age) including baking, drawing, handicrafts and photography. Additionally, each year there are three special premium classes for art, a craft and baking. Award money is received for entries placing in regular classes and special entry classes. 2019 special entry classes are:
• Art – draw or paint your vision of the Big Rock Plowing Match in the future
• Craft – create a model of your favorite Big Rock Plowing Match event
• Baking – bake a Plowing Match 125th layer cake
Special awards (1st through 3rd placements) are given to the persons 14 years and younger with 1) the most entries in the Junior Fair and 2) winning the most blue ribbons in all classes.
Please refer to the Premium list for our list of generous sponsors. We thank them for their on-going support!
An entry does not need to be made just for the Junior Fair – it just needs to fit the requirements of the class it is entered in. Whatever a young person chooses to make please remember, you do not have to live in Big Rock to participate in the Junior Fair. We are grateful for all who support this wonderful event for our young people.
The Bandstand is the place to be on Saturday afternoon. A large variety of prize-winning baked goods will be auctioned to the highest bidder starting at 1 p.m. with Junior Fair items followed by the Ladies Fair items at 1:30 p.m. These Blue & Red ribbon winners are the best of the best! Come support your Junior Fair baker!
All you need is a bidder’s number available that day or you can reserve one by contacting A. Denise Farrugia at (630) 556-4771. All proceeds benefit the Big Rock Plowing Match Association.
Premium lists are available on this website or locally at the libraries and the post offices (Big Rock and Hinckley) or by contacting a Junior Fair Committee member. Entries are accepted from 2:00 p.m. until 6:45 p.m. on Friday at the Junior Fair Building.
Questions? Contact any Junior Fair Committee member:
Donita Bartoszek at 630-556-9000
Sarah Magro at 630-335-6205
Mary Rogerson at 630-330-0114
We look forward to seeing you at the Junior Fair!
• Most blue ribbons in all classes, 3-5 years old – Addy Adams
• Most blue ribbons in all classes, 6-8 years old – Max Dzikowicz, Andrew Herrmann, Travis Herrmann, Ellie Latsch, Ella Michael, Grace Motchik, Lillian Sanderson and Lauren Sharp (tie)
• Most blue ribbons in all classes, 9-11 years old – Alea Ritchie
• Most blue ribbons in all classes, 12-14 years old – Anya Ritchie
• Most entries in the Junior Fair, 14 years old and under – Anya Ritchie (first) and Addy Adams (second)
• Most points in all classes, 14 years old and under – Anya Ritchie